Network Performance Management
Formerly Known As: Cascade, OPNET
Today’s IT ops teams need an end-user and app-first viewpoint in the way they monitor, troubleshoot and analyze their network performance. Riverbed Network Performance Management solutions provide end-to-end visibility and analytics to deliver actionable information to resolve performance problem rapidly and proactively.
Network Performance Monitoring & Diagnostics
Understand the impact of applications delivery and network performance problems
Network Performance Monitoring and Diagnostics solutions enables you to understand and monitor the performance of the networks and applications that deliver them to end-users, as they work together in your network.
Networks have evolved tremendously, so managing the network has gotten harder
Networks are more than just a collection of routers and switches. Massive adoption of virtualization, webification of applications and the shift to mobile devices has increased the complexity of managing networks. According to Forrester Research, 31% of performance issues take more than a month to resolve, or are never resolved.
In the face of greater application volume, variety, and interdependency, network management approaches tend to break down for several reasons:
- No linkage between network monitoring and troubleshooting
- Lack of an application performance perspective
- The end-user perspective is missing
- Manual correlation is required across datasets.
Getting the big picture with application-aware network performance monitoring (ANPM)
To really understand application performance across the network, you need a holistic operational view that helps you manage performance from the perspective of efficiently delivering applications to the end-user.
With Riverbed SteelCentral network performance monitoring and diagnostics solutions, you can:
- Understand the relationships and interdependence of all components in your physical, virtual and cloud infrastructure – including applications
- Understand the “real-time” performance and behavior of your network infrastructure and application delivery for effective and fast troubleshooting
- Gain historical perspective and context for performance data trends with analytics to uncover the root cause and the impacts of application delivery performance problems on the business
- Get notified whenever application availability, latency and quality metrics fall short or start to degrade – even before end-users would notice
- Automatically discover infrastructure components are involved and their dependencies to see how applications and infrastructure work together to deliver business-critical services across the network
Improve user satisfaction and speed time to resolution
With SteelCentral, you can monitor the current end-to-end health of business-critical applications as an aggregate service, rather than as its constituent components. You can share this info easily across IT, management, and business stakeholders who need visibility into info on how critical applications are performing.
Application performance issues are solved faster with SteelCentral network performance monitoring and diagnostics because you:
- Know about problems before end-users do with proactive alerting
- Keep on top of critical application health with service monitoring
- See what’s happening, as it happens, with real-time analytics
- Understand how it all works together with dependency mapping